Last Updated: August 12, 2016
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us via the Services. For example, we collect information when you create an account, create or update your profile, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, gender, zip code, birth month, birth year and any other information you choose to provide. Kidenga will reserve the right to use this information internally, but will not sell, share, rent, or otherwise reveal this information to any third party, except as required by law. Kidenga may share aggregate data at the zip code level with third parties including public health agencies. Submissions will be anonymized and posted in aggregate with other submissions at the zip code level within the Kidenga interface. IP addresses will be recorded but will remain confidential.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you and we may associate it with information that you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect:
Log Information: We collect log files in connection with your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, the page you visited before navigating to our website, and your interactions with our Services. All data exchanged with the site will be protected by SSL encryption, the same standard used to protect the transmission of credit card information and other sensitive data over the internet.
- Mobile Device Information: We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our website and your experience, see which areas and features of our website are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our website or in our emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see your phone / app setting options.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect about your de-identified information provided.
Use of Information
We may use de-identified information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the services you request and send you related information, including receipts or confirmations;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Kidenga or others; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Third-Party Social Sharing Features
Our Services may offer third-party social sharing features and other integrated tools. Your use of such features may enable the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Online Account Information
You may update or correct your online account information by logging into your account and updating your profile.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts.
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can elect to stop receiving these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.